ads

Sunday 20 September 2009

休息, Rest


休息是为了走更长远的路


Xing Ying posted this on her Facebook, I like this saying.

However today I thought more deeply about it, and considered the meaning and possible purposes of people saying it.

Rest can be a form of preparation for something, greater things require greater preparations.
It is important to rest before doing things. Not only that, rest is, to a certain point as important as food, or more important. To start a day well, one should acquire sufficient rest for it.

On the contrary, the saying above can also be used as an excuse for procrastination.
People who are lazy, like me, use it to comfort and deceive ourselves that we are resting to work.
Well, just being frank with myself here.


Rest belongs to those who work.
To rest, one should work to deserve it.
So, rest is to be earned.

And laziness is this, resting before even working.

I have been lazy, too lazy.

No comments: