ads

Monday 8 February 2010

Acara Akhir to come

For the next three days I will be running various races, first time in my life am I taking part in school sports, and I seem to take part in quite a number of events.

Although it is my first time being involved in stuff on the field and thus being unfamiliar with many rules and running techniques, many friends have been more than willing to help me out. I am blessed with friends and cousins who are experienced sportsmen and sportswomen, some of them are rather excited because I am now turning up for sports in school. For the past two or three weeks many have been teaching me as well as training with me on the field. Even after getting off the grass, going out for drinks before returning home had been so fun.

Not forgetting friends who are just as inexperienced as I am, training alongside each other can be so nice too. I believe we get to help one another not to feel alone. At the end of the day sports is actually more than just winning and losing, because if it were, then it would not be so meaningful anymore. I enjoy the process, process in which we train, have fun, do stupid stuff, crack jokes, stretch muscles and sweat together. And when the competition comes, give it our best shot as a respect for each other as competitors.

So tomorrow it starts, for three days, then a pause for Chinese New Year. The actual sports day will probably fall on the 24th of this month.
As much as I am having fun during this season of sports, I can't wait for all these to be over.

No comments: