ads

Wednesday 23 June 2010

Lord, bless the food

Today, was a whole day spent on eating. The past few days have been rather similar but today was one of the best. I don't even recall opening the refrigerator at home much. Ate out many times, meeting with various friends. Though I didn't have the chance to see some of them whom I missed and hoped to eat together with today, it was nice catching up with those who ate with me.

I always eat as if there were a famine coming, whenever I'm back to this hometown called Kluang, like today, but today is exceptional. I just realised that not a single cent left my wallet! Hahaha..
So nice of everyone who were so kind to treat me to all the good food today.
I enjoyed free food and fun fellowship, for three meals! Dim Sum for breakfast, Bak Kut Teh for lunch and Sushi for dinner. Can already feel the extra weight I have to carry to sleep.

It is not the free food that I appreciate so much, but it feels so comforting to know that there are friends back home who give you treats as an expression of welcoming you.

Today I prayed and gave thanks for food with a greater gratitude and deeper understanding in why we should give thanks for their food.

and God said, "let there be food" and the food was good.

and mom says, "today whole day eat then tomorrow whole day study, ok?"

No comments: