ads

Sunday 23 December 2012

Alarm clocks

My life as a nursing student revolves around alarm clocks. The good news is, this life will not change when I am no longer a student.

So is this like a preparation to face the realities of doing shift work as a nurse? Working shifts can really affect your sleeping patterns. This week I started lying on the floor whenever I needed to wake up early the next morning. Really cannot afford to oversleep, therefore the need to set three alarms! Yes, three: my phone, iPod and the good old alarm clock; all placed near my head. This is Week 3 and I have never been late for work thus far. Besides sleep, this kind of work has an effect on social life too. It has been so frustrating for me trying to meet up with some friends, most of whom are nursing students as well.

Life, how can work not impact it? Now learning to make the best out of the spare time I can find.
I shall control my alarm clocks, not be controlled by them.

No comments: