ads

Sunday 28 April 2013

28 April

As I vividly recall, I was on the streets of Johor Bahru a year ago, when I was still studying in Singapore. I remember travelling by foot a few kilometres to a vicinity where a street protest was to take place, and from reading about experiences of people who took part in a similar protest the year before, I learned to arrive a day early.

All the walking, praying and waiting; Either on the streets, in a 24-hour Mamak shop or a hotel lobby nearby. One full night, and the next whole day.


Is the cause I am fighting for making progress?

Sorry for my moments of faithlessness and frustrations.

What is becoming of the organisation in the front lines of the pursuit for free and fair elections? I dare not imagine or acknowledge what might it be now. Not that it has gone astray, just perhaps unacceptable in certain ways to me, personally. Or have I been living in my own ideal world?
 

No comments: