ads

Sunday 4 October 2009

Learn from past?

经一事长一智。

真的有这么简单吗?

Do we all learn from our mistakes and bad experiences? Is it really so simple?
Why then do we still have wars going on? Have man not learnt about the damage a war can bring about? Have we not learnt the importance of international peace?
Take another example, a driver who had been involved in a car accident. After getting well from his injurys and paying for the damage done to his car, he would drive carefully from then on, shouldn't he? However why do so many people still get involved in accidents on the road multiple times?

People say learn from your mistakes, but I think it is not as simple as it seems. Learning good is by nature, difficult, for man is evil by nature.

Sometimes, many times in fact, I catch myself making the very same mistakes even though I know it is high time to change already. Sometimes it might be just something beyond my control; perhaps sometimes no control is merely an excuse.

If you know something will never happen, why wait for it to? It is just being adamantly stupid, is it not?
As if blind people can see, as if a deaf person can hear my cry...



As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly.


I am stupid!

1 comment:

_John_ said...

I guess..So am i.