ads

Wednesday 28 October 2009

Lesson from the Pox

Having chickenpox for less than a week now, I think about stuff because there's nothing else to do at home. Audacity doesn't work on my computer so my recording plans cannot be carried out. Sigh!

Anyway, when I was randomly thinking about stuff days ago, this came to mind:

The way I look now scares people. Sometimes even myself, I dread looking into the mirror!
No one would dare come near me now because chickenpox is contagious. But when I get well, not many would be willing to come near too, because of all the scary scars. These are scary-looking little dots all over the body which I am ashamed of and do not want.
See, even I am ashamed. What more other people?
Nevertheless it is parents who will never be ashamed of their children, be it how they look, what they've done, whatever. A parent's love towards his/her child(ren) is amazing and certainly unconditional.

Whenever I look at myself I feel depressed and disgusted, but my mother never gave a hint of disgust whenever she looked at me.

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Very true.. Just like our Father in heaven never look down on each & every one of us, no matter how wrong we behave.. :D
Bulk up friend, be a shepherd instead of a lost sheep! Get well soon, the scars will be gone eventually, don't worry~ ^^

Joel Yap said...

Thank you Jocelyn....

Check out my new blog!