ads

Tuesday 1 December 2009

Love Lost

Love Lost by Dr. Ng



Is it possible to relive
the moment we first met
(when eyes locked eyes in shimmering frisson)
now that the only time we are face to face
is when we make love?


The above is a poem from one of Dr. Ng's books- Postcards From Kluang.
This one caught my attention as I browsed through his poems, probably because it was short enough and hence might have been more understandable for me personally. Hahaha...

When I laid eyes on this poem the first thing that came to mind was marriage. Coincidentally, there are(have been) quite a few people whom I know to be getting into relationships while a few more, getting married.
So I had been thinking about marriage recently, the more I think the more skeptical I become.

No offense to those who want to build families, by all means go ahead and do it well.


What were(are) my thoughts? The chemistry that takes place between a boy and a girl who are interested in each other is just so difficult to be explained. In fact, I doubt that there is even a need to explain that chemistry. Having said that, I think that the kind of "feeling" so-to-say seems though so sweet can be so disgusting and dangerous. It is like two people playing with fire if both or either one is not mature enough to handle such a relationship.
If and when the relationship becomes a success and both parties wish(agree) to bring their courtship to a higher level, it may then bloom into marriage.

Early years of marriage can be so beautiful when all the man wants to see is his wife, and the woman her husband.
However after a period of time, marriage can turn so dull and burdensome that both husband and wife can seldom see eye to eye.

How terrible it might be if the words of the poet come true, where the only time lovers are face to face is when they make love. I can never imagine being in such a marriage, thus I believe that staying single is safer than married.


No marriage is perfect because no man is perfect.
For those who believe marriage is worth the sweat,
I sincerely wish you all the best.

1 comment:

jane said...

hey...great post =))
yeap...no marriage is perfect yet if both parties sincerely in love and they willing to commit themselves in that marriage with responsibility, things can be compromised. But, but to sustain a marriage is the hardest thing to me. However, once i choose to marry to this person, he already become part of my life, my ''Mr right''. So, willingness of both parties is essential to sustain a marriage....like whether u both want to compromise or u both argue?? Once, both choose to compromise, everything will be alright. So, marriage is not perfect but both imperfect ones can beautify the imperfect marriage. HAHAHA...This is what i had learnt so far. Love n romance needs faith n commitment of both parties. =))) jiayou lo

see ya when i go back...