ads

Sunday 15 January 2012

Like Clay


Jeremiah 18:6 “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does?” declares the LORD. “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel..."


"Why are there always people better than me at literally everything I do?"
"Why am I not as good-looking as....?"
"Why must I live with the background I was born into?"
"Why can't I be this?"
"Why can't I be that?"
"If God were a gentleman, why couldn't He asked before shaping my nose this way?"
The list goes on and on forevermore. Isn't it unfair, that you couldn't choose your skin colour, hair colour, etc? Heck, isn't it unfair that you have no choice over who was going to be your sibling(s)? Or if you were going to get any, for that matter.

Isn't God fair and just to all?
I can do all the exercises in the world and eat every thing possible out there that could help me gain a little more height; but the genetic constitution in me says that I may as well give up all hope if I wanted to grow as tall as Yao Ming. Why do certain people stand out to be taller than average, without any interventions? Just because of the genetic material they inherited from their tall parents? Where is the fairness described as one of God's attributes?

"God, if you are fair to all then make every body the same lah!" Notice I write 'every body' instead of 'everybody'.

Well, aren't we His creation? Who am I to question His works? Nothing qualifies me to doubt His intelligence since He is the Creator and I am merely a creature in need of grace every moment of my life. A potter, has every authority to do as He pleases with his clay.

No comments: