ads

Sunday 8 January 2012

Customer

It is a Sunday, but a working night for me. Felt a bit bad for not working in the past two weeks, so I stood in for another staff who apparently could not turn up this evening.

Phew! Where did all the customers today come from?? Where do all the people come from in Singapore, by the way? If I were to ever venture into a business, food will definitely come on top of my list! Sure can make money in this city state because people are everywhere and they need to eat!

Anyway I was just trying to tell you that it was a busy night at the cafe. That, I can live with. However there was this couple who walked in just a minute before our last order, who really got my attention. The man ordered soft-boiled eggs which were what the pantry prepared for him. When I served it to him, he looked at me with an attitude and demanded for a replacement because one of the egg yolks were broken. I was like.... "What??! You're gonna eventually break both of the yolks, aren't ya? Why change?!" and "Hello, the staff who prepared these eggs was kind enough to break open the shells for you, take for granted ah?" but I relented anyhow. The customer had a right, my colleagues agreed. For those who are interested to know, he and the lady with him behaved like a king and a queen throughout their dinner and they were the last to leave the cafe. I was almost done mopping the floors by the time their royal buttocks got out.

Sigh, you have your rights as a consumer lah! But do you mind having some manners as a human ah?

No comments: