ads

Tuesday 14 April 2009

love?

People are influenced by people and situations, so am I.
Having been through secondary school life for 5 years and NS for 3 months, I witnessed many boy-girl relationships blooming as well as breaking. And I don't deny that I am somehow affected and influenced.

Affected- I've seen various people having various attitudes toward BGR. Sometimes I respect those who can really put their partners above themselves yet without letting BGR affect their academical performances; but it makes me sick to see others regard BGR as a game, their partners are just a 'play thing' to them!
Being aware that there are MANY different types of girls out there, sometimes I have a hope of meeting one who is perfect for me; however sometimes I become discouraged because it seems like as if none of them are suitable.

Influenced- I think I've been having slight desires to be attached as well... Haha! Those little thoughts of being in a BGR creep into my mind when I see couples so happily in love. It's like so nice la...to have someone to confide in and share problems with. It's such a special relationship, it definitely is, with no secrets between each other.



Being in love? It seems so sweet... Even I myself feel like wanting to get married, especially when I look at wedding photos and family photos!
Well, I still wish to stay single because the commitment (some might call it burden) is no joking matter. I don't believe in divorce, so have to be very very very careful. But if ever I enter a BGR and walk into marriage with her, I want to make sure it is happy. And to make sure that it'll be happy then, I must keep myself pure now. In order to enjoy sex fully, the way God intended it to be enjoyed, one must keep his/her body pure before marriage. Otherwise the thrill and excitement wouldn't be as fun already.

Besides that, the apostle Paul said that men are to love their wives just as Christ loves the church. So a man must love his wife to the extend of being willing to sacrifice his life for her. Will I be able to stand the test? Will I prove myself worthy of her submission? Dying for a person, how many people are capable of that?

Oh, here are two teachings that I agree with very much!
  1. Commitment comes before intimacy.
  2. Learn to love your mother and sister(s) before even thinking that you are capable of loving a person as your wife.

2 comments:

elween said...

great!

sign a ten-year single contract with me.

Joel Yap said...

hahhaha... sorry la I don't dare to be as daring as you to vow staying single for 10 years