ads

Sunday 28 October 2012

Exhausted

The adjective means very tired.

3 weeks in an Orthopaedics ward, 1 in the Operating Theatre and 1 in the Emergency Department; did I just completed these consecutive postings in the wink of an eye? Not to forget the few breaks in between postings which I appreciate. All these seemed to happen so quickly that I felt a bit breathless myself after leaving the ED. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed most of my clinical hours.

Running here and there, it takes up energy. Energy that youths sometimes take for granted. I never knew I would start burning out so easily, only today did I realise just how tired I had become over the past two months.

In church this morning, all I wanted was to soak in the atmosphere of music and singing, at the back of the sound mixer, doing what I love to do; I wished the singing never stopped. On the way to Singapore this evening, ironically, I wished that the journey would not end because I was in the middle of a much needed nap. Again I say, only today did I realise just how tired I had become over the past two months.

Strength to carry on come to me. Cheers to 3 weeks in a Gerontology unit.

No comments: