ads

Monday 26 July 2010

Money come!

If you've not read Asked and Given from The Pen Is Stronger, I received allowance from a hospital for the first time! Very excited about it.

I wanted to update my bank book last night but ended up bringing my passport by mistake, realised it only when I reached the deposit machine. Haha, but thanks to the convenience of internet banking I saw my current balance in the account from my computer. Gonna go update that bank book one of these days! And not gonna bring the wrong book.

Never had so much money in my life. Really never had so much money before. Better still, it's quoted in Singapore Dollar- more than 2 times greater than Malaysian Ringgit. Even better still, those money is under my name. Nobody feels sad about having more money. But on the contrary I feel more worried than happy actually. Just because I have never handle(relative to whatever I used to manage) large sums of finances before. Actually not very large sums, but a lot to me.

Now in this stage of my life, I am introduced to rental, transportation, groceries, fees, etc. Few chapters before now I could only be bothered by what I had in the wallet which just flowed in and out, during then there were parents around to make sure I didn't die. Now, there is a need to embrace something called responsibility in financial management.

I am afraid. I fear of failing to be a good steward.
Being good at managing personal finances doesn't mean saving and piling up as much as possible, it means USING money wisely.

Gotta discern, when to scrimp and save; and when to bless by spending.
I am afraid

2 comments:

muddleglum said...

Like riding a bicycle. If I may doggerelize it.

I'm still afraid of accidents, though biking for long years. I'm still afraid that I'll misspend and waste with not a tear.

But if by faith I 'bide in Christ, then my response must be—do I still listen to his voice? as he calls, "follow me."

A dollar saved when he says spend, will always be a waste. A penny spent for 'just' my sake, will not return to me.

Joel Yap said...

"A dollar saved when he says spend, will always be a waste."

good one!